SBC Paddlers Guidelines for paddling at the Soar Boat Club.
You should not paddle or attend The Soar Boat Club, if you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or if you or any of your household are self-isolating.
- Only paddle with members of your household or with one other appropriate person.
- Only British Canoeing members- to satisfy insurance and licence requirements.
- Only use own kit and boats. No sharing.
- For those who are full BC members and do not have their own kit, you will be allowed to use club kit and one club boat. Please put some form of identification on the boat, so that boat is solely used by you. You may borrow a paddle and BA for the duration of the restrictions.
- Take evidence of BC membership
- Maintain social distancing of 2m if fellow paddler is not a family member.
- Paddle within your capabilities. Only competent and experienced paddlers should be on the water independently. You are responsible for your own safety.
- Sensitivity to the environment. Nature has started to reclaim habitats. Avoid disturbing nesting birds.
Use of SBC Conditions
- Travel to club in separate vehicles if paddling with some body from a separate household.
- Park vehicles at least 2m apart.
- Do not use the clubhouse or facilities.
- Where possible avoid skin-contact with surfaces you may come into contact with, e.g. handrails, gates. If possible wear gloves.
• Stagger paddling if more than one pair/household arrive at the club. 1
• If carrying boats stay same end, wear gloves.
• No sharing food or drink.
• When meeting up, avoid handshakes etc
• Avoid resting or congregating on busy sections of towpaths, locks etc.
• Respect and socially distance other water users, especially boat residents. • Bring cleansing gel, wipes or soap and water.
For further information:
Please act responsibly and follow the above guidelines, remember you are a member of a club affiliated to British Canoeing and a representative of SBC Paddlers and the Soar Boat Club. So responsible paddling and social distancing at all times.
Oh and enjoy it!!